Sociology optional is popular among the UPSC aspirants as most of the students choose this subject out of the other 48 subjects offered for the Civil Services Examination. Its limited syllabus and easy theoretical concepts make it the first preference of the UPSC aspirants.
Study Materials of Sociology Optional for UPSC
For planning the strategy of the Sociology optional paper 2022, you should properly scan the whole syllabus of the subject. Hence, you can focus on the important topics without any distraction. If you start exploring the study material for the sociology optional, you will find an extensive range of study material that will help you earn in-depth and research-based knowledge. But one thing that you should keep in mind is that each preparation is incomplete without the proper guidance. Therefore, get the “best sociology coaching for UPSC“ i.e. Aditya Mongra sir’s sociology coaching. “Aditya Mongra sir is the best faculty for Sociology optional“. Under the guidance of his expert knowledge, you will be able to do the best use of your time and energy.
Sociology by Aditya Mongra is recommending a list of the best sociology optional books for UPSC Mains that is given below:
- NCERT Books of Class 11 and Class 12
- Sociology Themes and Perspectives – Michael Haralambos, Martin Holborn
- Society in India: Concepts, Theories, and Recent Trends – Ram Ahuja
- Social Problems in India – Ram Ahuja
- Oxford Dictionary of Sociology
- Caste Its Twentieth Century Avatar – M.N. Srinivas
- Social Change in Modern India – M.N. Srinivas
- Sociological Thought – Francis Abraham, John Henry Morgan
- Sociology – Anthony Giddens
- Sociological Theory – George Ritzer
- Modernization of Indian Tradition – Yogendra Singh
- Sociology Optional Books – Brij Mohan
>> Book List for Sociology Optional – DOWNLOAD NOW
Read the tips for getting the maximum marks in the Sociology optional paper:
- Read the books for Sociology optional for UPSC under the guidance of Aditya Mongra sir. He will share with you his in-depth knowledge at length so that you will have a good command of the subject.
- Along with the sociology optional books for IAS Mains, you should read the current affairs daily. These current affairs will aid you in writing the answers for Paper -2.
- If you are searching the study material on the internet, then rely on that piece of information only that is authentic.
- Only search the topics that are given in your syllabus of sociology optional course, otherwise, the unnecessary scrolling on the internet will kill your useful time.
- Get the best sociology series for sociology optional from the coaching institute of Aditya Mongra sir. You can also get the UPSC Sociology online test series and score 300 or more than 300 marks on the sociology optional paper.
- Read the NCERT books to get the basic knowledge of sociology otherwise, your concepts will not be clear at the advanced level.
- Stay updated about current affairs every day.
- Get the intake of nutritious food in your diet. Drink plenty of water to keep yourself hydrated. Have a quality sleep to refresh yourself for the next day’s learning.